This website, physioandpilatesinbucks.com is operated by Elaine MacWhirter trading as Physio & Pilates in Bucks.
Physio & Pilates in Bucks takes your privacy seriously and is committed to protecting your privacy. Physio & Pilates in Bucks does not share any personal information with any third parties nor rent, sell, disclose or distribute your information to any outside parties.
Physio & Pilates in Bucks collects your email address, phone number and medical information when you:
- attend a physiotherapy session;
- attend an individual Pilates session;
- attend a Pilates/Tai Chi class and fill out the registration form;
- contact us through the ‘Contact Us’ form of the website.
Physio & Pilates in Bucks collects this data so that we can keep you informed and manage our business relationship with you.
- If you attend a class the medical data is used to ensure the instructor is aware of pre-existing conditions so as to modify the exercises for your condition.
- If you are receiving Physiotherapy treatment this medical data will be used to make informed decisions regarding your condition and treatment.
Physio & Pilates in Bucks has put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. It may be necessary to share your clinical information with other health professionals such as GP’s, Consultants or personal trainers, however consent will be requested from you beforehand.
Physio & Pilates in Bucks have also put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
Physio & Pilates in Bucks will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
- For all classes – by law we have to keep basic information about our customers (including Contact, Identity, Financial and Transaction Data) for 6 years after they cease being customers for tax purposes.
- For Physiotherapy treatment – by law we have to retain your information for 8 years if you are an adult and for children up until they reach 25years old.
All records will be securely deleted after this period of time.
In some circumstances you can ask us to delete your data: see below for further information.
Your Legal Rights
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data. These include the right to:
- Request access to your personal data.
- Request correction of your personal data.
- Request erasure of your personal data.
- Object to processing of your personal data.
- Request restriction of processing your personal data.
- Request transfer of your personal data.
- Right to withdraw consent.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please email us.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights).
If you contact us or provide us with your email details we may use your details to send you Physio & Pilates in Bucks email updates, from which you can unsubscribe at any time by emailing us or by following the unsubscribe link in any communication. If you are an EU citizen and subject to GDPR regulations, we will not use your data unless you have already opted to receive our email updates. For more information see the GDPR section below.
Physio & Pilates in Bucks will never share your data with other third parties without your permission.
In compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), which is enforceable from May 25, 2018, EU citizens have a right to request that we correct, amend or delete any personal data we hold on them. If you would like to make one of these requests, or have any questions or concerns about this policy, please contact us by email.